Elvis Presley’s Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
2 slices of white bread 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter 1 small ripe banana mashed 2 tablespoons butter…
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 1 small ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Eat it with a glass of buttermilk.
Please note: Elvis tended to eat 12-15 sandwiches a sitting! So belly up!
White Trash Productions Presents “Backyard Survivor” ….when you don’t have a lot of money you learn to make your own fun. I love filming kids and letting them be themselves they are so funny. So when my nephews were over last summer I knew they liked to watch Survivor so we came up with our own Survivor show. The White Trash tip today is make a fun video with your children or grandchildren. Let them “be” their favorite show and just tape it. It’s free, it’s fun, it’s creative, the kids love watching themselves and you will have a great fun memory. Check out the video “Backyard Survivor” to the left.
7 Up Salad
1 package lemon gelatin
1 package lime gelatin
2 cups hot 7-Up
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cottage cheese
1 can crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Prepare gelatin according to package directions, substituting 7-Up for water. Let cool to room temperature; stir in remaining ingredients.
Pour into mold or 13×9 pan. Refrigerate until set. Top with cool whip.
4 cups vegetable oil
Flour for dusting
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
1. In a deep skillet, heat about toil over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it’s perfect.
2. Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
3. . Push sticks into Twinkies lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake.
4. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.
5. Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Pretzel Salad A Favorite Dessert Of Many White Trash Gatherings
Salty Sweet Wonderful Treat
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
3 tbsp sugar
· Mix crushed pretzels, sugar and butter
· Press into a 9×13-inch glass dish
· Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 minutes
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 12 oz pkg Cool Whip, thawed
· Mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth
· Fold in Cool Whip
· Spread on top of cooled crust
1 6 oz pkg strawberry gelatin
2 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries
2 cups boiling water
· Disolve gelatin in boiling water
· Add frozen strawberries — the hot water will thaw them
· Let stand for 10 minutes
· Pour mixture onto cream cheese layer
· Refrigerate for 2 hours